Objective: Obtain a position in which I can maximally contribute my writing, editing, research, and sales skills, as well as my experience in PR and Marketing.
Major League Soccer (MLSsoccer.com), Denver, CO
Beat Reporter February 2015 – Present
- Cover the Colorado Rapids for Major League Soccer, publishing content to the league’s website: MLSsoccer.com.
- Write features and news stories on a weekly basis
- Write game recaps and post game side stories on deadline
- Work closely with assignment editors to find story lines and angles to drive readership and traffic
- Work closely with club media to generate additional story ideas, gain access to coach and player interviews exclusive to league site.
- Craft and deliver content to document and promote 2015 MLS All-Star Game
Mile High Sports, Denver, CO
Staff Writer – Beat Reporter June 2012 – Present
- Provide news coverage of local college and professional sports teams including Denver Broncos, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies Colorado Mammoth, Colorado Rapids, etc.
- Conduct post-game and practice interviews with players and coaches for news and feature stories
- Transcribe and edit audio for web and radio platforms
- Occasional fill in radio host/guest host/analyst for Mile High Sports radio FM 94.1 in Denver, Colo.|96.9 in Boulder Colo. and AM 1550
- Construct post-game stories for Colorado Rapids, Denver Cutthroats, Colorado Mammoth, local NCAA DI and DII colleges and others.
- Craft assigned soft news articles, features and side bars for Mile High Sports magazine
- Provide additional local sports coverage for Mile High Sports Magazine, Mile High Sports Online, and Mile High Sports Radio.
Colorado Mammoth, Denver, CO
Contributing Writer – ColoradoMammoth.com 2014-15 Season
- Write and produce web content for ColoradoMammoth.com, official website of the Colorado Mammoth, one of the nine professional teams in the National Lacrosse League
- Pitch stories and materialize them
- Produce content for the team’s social media feeds (Twitter, Facebook, feed to website)
- Conduct player and coach interviews during team practice and postgame.
Bleacher Report, Denver, CO (telecommute for Nationally based website)
Denver Broncos Featured Columnist July 2011 – July 2012
- Completing assignments from both NFL and Denver Broncos lead editors.
- Conducting locker room interviews for both home and visiting team and attending official press conferences
- Generating original content including opinion pieces/commentary, breaking news, and trade speculation
- Bleacher Report: Denver Broncos Honorable Mention (most page views) December 2011, January 2012
- Nationally syndicated with 50,000+ reads
Valley Courier, Alamosa, CO
Sports Editor July 2010 – July 2011
- Develop sources relative to the various sports beats in the San Luis Valley
- Gather information, check facts, and write sports stories for the print and online editions of the newspaper
- Develop social media for all sections of the newspaper (Twitter, Facebook, Website)
- Layout and Design of Sports Section using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator)
- Second Place Award for Colorado Press Association’s Best Sports Column 2010 (Division IV Newspapers)
The Sports Authority, Denver, CO
Sales Associate June 2008 – November 2009
- Follow TSA Stop, Serve, and Sell Model in assisting customers (demonstrate product features and answer customer inquiries)
- Work POS in Sports Authority and North Face Departments
- Unload Shipment and Stock product.
Customer Service Lead November 2009 – July 2010
- Visual Merchandising and Planograms for Apparel and Footwear departments
- Open and Close the store according to cash office compliance regulations
- Train and supervise department and report to Store Manager/ Assistant Managers
- Assist managers in loss prevention procedures and price management.
- Assist managers in tracking and driving sales in order to improve foot traffic to sales conversion rate.
TIME Magazine, Democratic National Convention, Denver, CO
Intern August 25-28 2008
- Provide delegates and convention attendees with a schedule of events.
- Promote TIME’s political website, thepage.time.com
- Install mobile apps on devices of DNC guests.
- Distribute promotional materials including commemorative issues of TIME
- Send updates to supervisors, attendees, and colleagues via Twitter, e-mail, text message, etc.
Rocky Mountain PBS Channel 6, Denver, CO
Volunteer Archivist September 2006 – June 2008
- Scan photos and documents for archiving
- Build archival database with Filemaker Pro
- Take photos of artifacts
- Photograph events to be put into archival database
- Editing and batching photos with Adobe Photoshop
KVDU University of Denver Radio, Denver, CO
Online Radio DJ September 2005- April 2006
- Host an online radio show and run production equipment
- Review new music artists and build a music database.
Promotions Assistant April 2006- September 2006
- Assist promotions manager in all duties
Promotions Manager September 2006- April 2007
- Assemble a promotions team
- Distribute promotional materials
- Design and display advertisements (online and print) for radio program
George Washington High School – Denver, CO
- High School Diploma – June 2005
University of Denver – Denver, CO
September 2005 – June 2009
- B.A. Journalism Studies 2009 (G.P.A. 3.27)
– Photography Interdisciplinary Cognate
- B.A. French 2009 (G.P.A. 3.21)
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Secretary Phi Sigma Iota Foreign Language Honor Society
References available upon request.